AZ for Mitt

A blog dedicated to informing Arizonans about Mitt Romney and the campaign for the 2008 presidential nomination.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

First Huckabee made this claim:

"In fact I think I’m stronger than most people because I truly understand the nature of the war that we are in with Islamo fascism. These are people that want to kill us. It’s a theocratic war. And I don’t know if anybody fully understands that. I’m the only guy on that stage with a theology degree."

While I don't understand how a degree in Christian theology helps someone be the most qualified candidate to deal with Islamic terrorists, I guess he's free to make the claim. But then, the truth came out from Huckabee's director of campaign research:

"Governor Huckabee doesn’t have a theology degree. He only spent a year in seminary."

Can you imagine Romney claiming that he was the best candidate to deal with the economy (which he is) because he has a business degree from Harvard (which he does), and then it came out that he'd only spent a year at business school? His campaign would be done over in disgrace. Why can Huckabee distort his record and get away with it?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home